R: R: R: R: [PD] Arduino

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Aug 30 20:16:31 CEST 2006

Hi Davide,

I did this in the arduino-help patch:

"devicename /dev/TTYUSB0"

"open 3" ("devicename" resets the name of the device that the comport
object first connects to. If there are no arguments then its "open 0" if
there ARE arguments (in the case of the arduino-help patch "3" then
devicename resets slot "3" so you need to do "open 3". Hans, you should
probably remove the creation argument and just use the "open" messages.

Turn off "digital Ins" <- you must do this!

turn on the route to see the A2D output.

It should act normal. It seems to take a few seconds after sending the
message to turn off digital ins before the inputs settle.

Note once you send this message you can do everything but reset and
unplug the arduino and it'll keep acting "normal".

If I don't send the "digitalIns 0" message then all the a2Ds act crazy...

I think by default the firmware should not output the analog values,
only do so when it gets a message to start doing so.

I used two sensors on 1-2, 2-3, 1-3, 1-4, and 2-4 and I did not see
anything out of the ordinary.

sending "analog 0" does not seem to do anything... I think the firmware
puts the board in some odd states once in a while. Actually what happend
is that Arduino kept sending the analog data (for about 10 seconds after
I sent the "analogIns 0") until I changed the resistance on one of the
analog ins. I'll see if I can reproduce this with todays firmware.

,b,