[PD] pd-competition?

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 10:43:51 CEST 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:12:17 +0200
Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> Hallo,
> David Powers hat gesagt: // David Powers wrote:
>
> > I think this is a cool idea.
> >
> > My only concern would be, whether cross-platform and version issues,
> > which are obviously still being sorted out by some of us, might be a
> > problem. What happens if someone who is judding six entries, can't run
> > three of them for some reason?
>
> We could easily circumvent this by doing something like a "pure-pd"
> compo: Make the most out of what Miller gives us. I guess, then
> Obiwannabe would win. ;)

No, because nobody would have [ead~] :)

I think it's a top idea btw, and to have lots of prizes everyone
who participates can also award as many prizes as they like :)

For focus, two classes of competition categories seem to exist.
By media where the submission is a piece of audio or video.
By code, where the program is the entry.
The potential, and difficulties of the last are greaert, and
the former is easier to manage and judge.

Me, i'd like to see more games ideas, so a Pd games
compo would be cool sometime. When I was last playing with Gem
I loaded some counterstrike textures and make a little room,
so I'm sure some of you video wizards could build a "PureDOOM"
(with chainsaws please).