[PD] pd-competition?

Christopher Charles schraubzwingenhalterung at web.de
Thu Aug 31 02:12:02 CEST 2006

>> did the pure-data gang-bang actually get any submissions besides
>> Frank's datastructure game and aymeric's GEM movie? its original
>> mission staetement and submissions solicitation sounded a lot like
>> the one that started this thread...
>>

> Yes, there were five submission if memory serves me right. I like the
> one by the Gerard van Dongen the most, and I would especially like to
> see this one online somewhere.

hm, five entries might be a little bit to few to hold a real
multi-category competition. that's why i'd rather propose "real"
competition with winners and real prizes as a incentive for
participation (i'm just a student, but might cough up some bucks to
sponsor a pd-shirt or book or cd or something like that (+shipping) for
the winner of one category).
the proposed pd competition should be less 'restrictive' than the pd
trigger gang bang. (filesize, interactivity and external-use should be
restricted only by the corresponding categories)
multiple categories will reduce the entries/category ratio, which brings
us to the question which categories are actually meaningful (maybe:
"will attract the most entries"?) and what would be the minimum amount
of entries per category to actually hold a vote on.

charlie