[PD] pix_freeframe

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 07:26:55 CEST 2006

Hey,

I've only been doing VJ stuff for this year, and I had no idea about
the technical and memory-size differences between RGB and YUV. so "par
F" - please know that your post was VERY helpful. I use alpha channels
a lot too, and I might try and create a DVD to demo my work, so some
of us really need to know the types of trade offs involved. It is NOT
just academic, it lets me know some things to experiment with and see
what results it gives me and whether it looks satisfactory.

Btw, I'm doing live visuals for a show with UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE
from Detroit - I'm really excited because UR records were my first
influences when I was getting into techno. I'll be using PD and GEM to
full effect. This is my first show in a big club -- well, I hate
clubs, but I'm happy to do a show with Underground Resistance, and
hopefully I can sneak in some revolutionary propaganda into my show...

~David