????: Re: [PD] Multiple (same) instances, and [sssad]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Aug 10 17:47:31 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Tas Pas hat gesagt: // Tas Pas wrote:

> Could we, when we summon (god, I like this word) an abstraction pass an abstraction-patch name which will affect the string/variable name of the setting included in the abstraction?
>
> What I mean ....
>
> We have an abstraction called myabs which includes a structure like this:
>       [sssad volume $var]
>
> Now, in the patch, we SUMMON two instances of myabs abstraction thus:
>
> [myabs one]   [myabs two]
>
> So the sssad admin receives volume one, pitch one, volume two, pitch two.
>
> What would you think?
>
> if what I said is #$%#^#%, plz don't beat me up!

No, what you say makes perfect sense and actually that's kind of what
I wrote in my first reply. However for reasons hidden inside [sssad]
it is not possible to actually use two seperate arguments like [sssad
volume $var], you can only use one single argument and the "$"-part
has to be at the beginning of that, so what you should use is:

[sssad $var/volume] where "var" has to be an integer number like 1, 2, 3,...

So you can use [sssad $1/volume], or [sssad $2/vol] or [sssad
$1volume] or [sssad $12_volume]. All these are functional and will do
what you want to achieve. However these next three versions will *not*
work: [sssad volume/$1] and [sssad $1 volume] and [sssad volume $1]

Personally I like the "$x/name"-style the most.

Ciao