[PD] sending to arbitrary receivers

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Thu Aug 10 19:49:53 CEST 2006

Am 10. August 2006, 19:20 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Frank Barknecht:

> Actually I never in about 5 years of using Pd was desperately needing
> a renamable send (although I now know, how it's done, see other mail),
> so I'm really a bit wondering what use cases there are for settable
> senders, that could not be solved with other approaches - like
> [route].

Anything which has to get assigned dynamically. I'm currently
connecting pd to supercollider, and want to create and access
gui-objects or whatever from sclang. That not only makes a gui
available to sc on linux but also takes advantage of both worlds
(graphic editing and text/script-based programming) transparently.

--
Orm