[PD] pix_freeframe

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 1 11:45:25 CEST 2006

hello,

David Powers a écrit :
> Okay, with Miller's PD and a new Gem I seem to have freeframe working

Good

  but Patco, how did you get the extended libraries to load with
> Miller's PD,

There are several ways to get the extended libraries with windoz,
you can make a batch file that starts pd with -lib and -path options
(see .pdrc howto), also you can add -path and -lib in Startup... editor
from File menu in PD main Graphic User Interface, but with this method
you have to make fork libraries in Miller's PD extra folder.

  even when i try to add the path I get:

> cyclone: can't load library
> zexy: can't load library
> creb: can't load library
> cxc: can't load library
> ext13: can't load library
> iemlib: can't load library
> iemmatrix: can't load library
> list-abs: can't load library
>
> etc.............. Did you edit the registry?

The other way is about using the registry like we were saying before in
another recent topic.

pd-extended comes with a pd-settings.reg that you need to load into
registry, it will add a bunch of pathes and libraries to the registry,
but in the actually available .reg file, the path of the library is
missing, then pd will look for folders in it's own extra folder, that's
why you are getting these message with Miller's PD.

Go to registry (Start Menu --> execute --> regedit) and browse
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ---> SOFTWARE ---> pd, and then add the complete path
  of libraries in loadlibs, and the complete path of the abstraction
folders (like list-abs), I assume it works when the complete path
doesn't contain spaces in the name.

It's not a very good solution, but the only one, Pure Data really need
an editor for that, that is not limited, something like Desire Data, or
something in pd-extended installer that put the complete path of
everything without having to edit the .reg file, and that automatically
install it in registry, then we can use libraries with other pd versions
than pd-extended.

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com