R: R: R: [PD] Arduino

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Sep 1 15:39:02 CEST 2006

We'll be using the latest Pduino firmware in the Ars Electronica
Electrolobby workshop, so it should get a thorough testing.

I think we'll get a new batch of Pders from this Ars.  Lots of people
were quite surprised that you could do all that Pd can do, that its
free, and that's its quite easy.  Koray and I are having a good time
indeed.  One woman said before the workshop "I only know how to check
my email".  And now she has gotten some things working and is really
inspired.

.hc

On Aug 30, 2006, at 4:02 PM, Davide Morelli wrote:

>> Which version are you using?  There was some bugs in the
>> past, for sure.  I think I got the analogs in, digital outs,
>> and digital ins all working now.  The latest version broke
>> the hardware PWM control, but we are also adding software PWM
>> support.  Try the latest versions in CVS:  externals/hardware/
>> arduino.
>
> I did "cvs update" on 28th August, right before compiling.
>
> Have you tried the firmware with more than 3 analog inputs?
>
> if yes then I'll try your firmware again, maybe i messed something
> up...
>
>> As for adding the pin number, I think its redundant, you can
>> just use a header byte (255) then byte order to determine pin
>> #, and that will save you 5 bytes per cycle (12 bytes versus
>> 7 bytes).  Part of the goal of the Pduino firmware is to make
>> is communicate as fast as possible so that people can make
>> usable instruments with it, and make snappy interactions.
>> There are a number of strange things in the firmware the
>> arise because of this.
>>

> yes, you're right, the pin number is redundant, I used it just to
> debug. I
> didn't meant that you should use it in Pduino, it was just an
> example of
> working firmware..
>
> ciao,
> davide.