[PD] Make a grid for choosing videos. How

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 4 12:37:08 CEST 2006

Javier García wrote:
> Thanks IOhannes, but
>
>> [bng][bng][bng]
>>
>> connect each [bng] to another messagebox holding the filename of the
>> video you want to trigger; then connect all of them to:
>>

>> [symbol]
>> |
>> [open $1(
>> |
>> [pix_film]
>>

> anyway to see the frame-icon of the video?

no.
Gem outputs to a special "gem-window" and not to a pd-canvas. there are
no plans to change this (at least not in a a way you intend it)

a solution for you would be: generate thumbnails from your videos via an
off-pd script (choose your favourite tool)
use one of the tcl/tk image-loading externals (don't ask me for a
specific library; i don't know it, but most likely there are several of
them (iemgui being one of them; no idea where to get a compiled version
for osx (and whether it works on osx at all))) to load the thumbnails
into your patch; depending on the object it might react on clicks or you
have to put a [bng] below it...

of course this is rather non-dynamic.

btw: always reply to the pd-list and not just to me in private.

mfga.sdr
.IOhannes