[pd] hanning window + fft

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 16:27:42 CEST 2006

> Has anyone made an example patch that explains this?  Something like a
> simple FFT filter with switchable windows, so you can hear the difference?

Actually anything (links, explanations, etc) that explains or details FFT as
it relates to Pd would be great... the example patches are a bit cryptic, or
sometimes jump a bit too quickly, at least for me.  I want to eventually
generate visuals based on obtaining frequency data from sound, but I just
couldn't get my mind around fft~, rfft~ etc. so I am going cheap using
bandpass filters now which is not really what I wanted.  (Sidenote - does
anyone know how other artists are accomplishing this?  I assumed they were
using FFT)

I know this is a fairly advanced topic but I'd really love to figure out how
to make it work.

Glad this came up!!
Kevin