[PD] Make a grid for choosing videos. How

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Mon Sep 4 16:34:35 CEST 2006

derek holzer wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a Linux/Unix/OSX script for a "favorite tool" that
> could dynamically generate thumbnails?

Ooops, ignore my other reply to this, forgot we were talking about video
files...  not enough coffee...

If you upload a video to archive.org - it generates thumbnails.  If you
look at the log while it is deriving, it tells you what commands it is
running.  I'll make a note to check the exact command line next time I
upload, but in the meantime I'm pretty sure it's an mplayer command that
outputs one jpeg image every 100 frames or so, scaled to a small size.

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org