[PD] Make a grid for choosing videos. How

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Sep 4 20:25:38 CEST 2006

If you don't mind putting the "grid" gui in the gemwindow then its
pretty easy..

It would be better once there is multi-window support in Gem.

Or you could use PDP or Pf to create a second "gui" window that tells
Gem what to load...

People have been asking for this in pixelTANGO, but I'm not likely to
add a pf dependancy to pixeltango anytime soon... nor putting thumbnail
frames in the patcher.

You could look into how gnome does it, as in generates cute icons from
frames in all video formats in the file manager, and then caches them..
its pretty fast...

.b.