[pd] FFT sine to saw oscilator (was:[pd] hanning window + fft)

mami music mami.music at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 22:55:13 CEST 2006

Hey guys thanks for the explanation!. goin further in the study of fft and
applications, iam designing an oscilator that is capable to go from pure
sine tone (fundamental harmonic) to a saw (all harmonics)...
1.I have had trouble finding the amplitudes of the harmonics and relating
them to a specific function.
2.Theoretically for it to work propperly i should include infinite
harmonics, i am using

[; table sinesum $f1 $f2 $f3 $f4... $f12] to generate the 12 harmonics with
different amplitudes in an array
and then read it with tabosc4~ but i still don get enough saw sound.

Is it a game of try/error or have any of you guys done it with a larger
amount of harmonics.???

3. What i wanted in the beginning was to use the object FFT~ but didn´t get
along quite well... can anyine pinpoint how to create a list that IFFT~
could interpret as a couple of sinewaves?

thankz a lot!!!!