[pd] FFT sine to saw oscilator (was:[pd] hanning window + fft)

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 15:52:59 CEST 2006

I thought you could use the phasor~ object to create sawtooth waves.

By the way, when I read this discussion, I tried to compute the fft of
the hanning window, on paper.  I've had a little trouble.
It's that usual law when you multiply in the time domain, you convolve
in the frequency domain.
Your windowing functions usually have a lot of low frequencies.  There
should be some effects from the multiplication (as convolution in the
freq domain).
I don't get why to use a Hanning window rather than a triangular
window, for instance.

Chuck