[PD] piping into pd

Marius Schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Tue Sep 5 18:49:11 CEST 2006

Frank Barknecht schrieb:

> I would write a little script. There are examples how to send to
> netreceive written in perl and python in the CVS or on pure-data.info,
> it's really simple.

frank, thanks,
:) hmm, I couldn´t find examples, maybe I overlooked them? do you by
chance know their names?
but the solution I am using now is much easier than I thought (I hope it
is stable...?)
Everything happens in the configuration file of the apache server:

LogFormat "%a %b blablabla ;" mylogfileformat
CustomLog "|/usr/bin/pdsend 3000 192.168.0.23" mylogformat

and [netreceive 3000] in the pd patch.
whenever apache receives a request from internet, it sends a message to
pd. I did not test that under "real world conditions", but will report,
how I get along. This should get online someday...
marius.