[PD] Sysex out messages

Stephane ANGOT sa at hydre.org
Wed Sep 6 23:26:53 CEST 2006

Hi

I use pd 0.39-2 on a linux box,

I'm searching a way to send midi sysex messages from pd to my keyboard
controler.

pd midi out is connected to the 2 midiin of my keyboard within qjackctl
(alsa midi).

Here is what my patch looks like:

+----------------------+
|  240 xx xx xx xx 247  (         <-- this is a message box
+----------------------+

+--------+
|midiout   |
+--------+

When I click on the message for sending the sysex, nothing happen...

am I using the rights boxes for that?

Are my inlet/outlet correctly connected?

What is the meaning of the second (right) inlet of the midiout box? I
read somewhere that it was the port number. What is a port? (sorry for
my little knowledge in midi protocol) Does I have to connect it ? if
yes, how ?

A midiout help file may be necessary because I'm not the only guy who
has posted on this subject (but I didn't find my answer).

Thanks,

Stephane.