[Pd] searching for externals in OSX

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 00:03:06 CEST 2006

I made a Windows installer for my alternate-tuning sequencer, so that
folks can just install and then run a batch file to use my program,
without having to open Pd separately.  The tuning folks seem to like
it :)
I'm trying to do the same thing for OSX now.  I don't want much; I
figured I'd just load the externals I'm using into the Extra folder in
the Pd-0.39-2.app I already have, and when they open my patch the
necessary objects will be found.  I actually have pd_darwin files with
the names of all the objects themselves, so, if I understand
correctly, I should be able to just open the patch and it will search
for whatever.pd_darwin in the Extra folder.

But for some reason [active] and [tot] aren't loading right.  I get a
message saying:

active
... couldn't create
link error 0  dyld:
/Users/chuckk/Documents/Pd-0.39-2.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../bin/pd
multiple definitions of symbol _hammergui_bindfocus

then two messages referencing the tot.pd_darwin definition of symbol
_hammergui_bindfocus and the active.pd_darwin definition of the same
thing.

Am I going about this wrong?
I looked up OSX shell files online, and it seems they always have to
be called from a terminal.  I'd sooner explain how to open Pd and load
my patch than to explain how to find a terminal window and type in the
shell file name.

-Chuckk

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."