[PD] launching PD from python (again)

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 00:38:14 CEST 2006

Frank Barknecht escribió:
> Hallo,
> altern hat gesagt: // altern wrote:
>> oh ... i did not get this before. Sorry. I was confused with all the
>> range of spawn* offer ...
>
> Me neither. ;)

yes i think i have read like thousand times the Python help files about
spawn* and that last paragraph never went into my head.

> I just wonder: Wouldn't "os.system" work as well? It's what I normally
> use to start processes from Python, but I'm on Linux...

os.system(' "C:\\Program Files\\pd\\bin\\pd.exe" -nogui mypatch.pd ')
it does work, but as far as i understand pd and python cannot run on
parallel with this system, pd has to quit for python to get control
again and keep running. At least this happened in my tests but i dont
know much about system commands and stuff like that, so there might be a
way.

cheers

enrike