[PD] Operative systems and puredata

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 8 03:13:07 CEST 2006

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Alexandre Matheson wrote:
> On 7-Sep-06, at 8:19 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> the upcoming 100-hour Pd workshop starts by 15 hours about installing and
>> using Linux on a Mac, and that decision is *NOT* coming from the techies.
>
> Really, I'm very interested in this. I installed ubuntu on my g5 but got very
> annoyed when I couldn't get airport up and running so I could grab pd and
> other things off the internet. I know an internet connection isn't manditory
> for PD to run but it is a pretty crippling thing to not have.

Ubuntu is really changing quick. The last install I made felt quite
different from the install I made last year. (or maybe I just don't
remember last year's install ;-)

> Please send me an outline if you can what the workshop will consist of.

We plan to put the course outline on
http://wiki.dataflow.ws/FormationTeddi - currently only the electronics
(Arduino) section of the outline is on the wiki.

Besides, the registration of participants to the workshop is already
closed. If you want to get in, you could try to arrange something special
with the organizers, but I can't guarantee anything.