[PD] Real-time Linux; hard req. and suggestions?

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 22:14:43 CEST 2006

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone, and resources.  There's a
lot of things I need to check out, now.
irq/pci settings (lspci & cat /proc/interrupts), the 2.6 kernels, Ingo
Molnar's patch, disable hyper-threading if possible,...
I think I'll have to take a closer look at source code to understand
Claude's multi-threaded idea.

> Use Linux from Scratch if you are bored and have too much time on your hands.

Thanks for that Frank...I just might be bored enough.  I maybe have
learned enough to try to design a system. I haven't abandoned the idea
just yet.  I think I'll try the other ideas listed first, before
trying LFS after all....

Thanks for everyone's suggestions,
Chuck