[PD] Real-time Linux; hard req. and suggestions?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Sep 9 11:27:27 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 11:11 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > Stock 2.6 kernels now have excellent latency behaviour in the range of
> > 1-3 msec.
>
> what do this values correspond to?

Actually I'm not talking about soundcard latency at all here, but
about "worst case scheduling latency" in the kernel, that is, the
guaranteed maximum time the kernel will let a realtime task be
interrupted.

I got my numbers from the talk and paper, Lee Revell presented at
LAC2006: http://lac.zkm.de/2006/proceedings.shtml#lee_revell

Ciao