[PD] PDA & Archos PMA430

juto aviten periclite at free.fr
Sat Sep 9 16:51:55 CEST 2006

Hello friends,

I just got this kind of multimedia embarqued system.
this one is Archos PMA430, it's based on qtopia linux OS (maybe I will
switch one day to openPMA)... but I least I try to install PDA on it...
so I read different things on the subject but maybe people here have
some experiences & knowledge with this kind of device.

I took the .ipk tcl/tk & pda on the Gunter website... and when I try to
install it I got this message :

/bin:/sbin/:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin/:/opt/Qtopia/bin
install ipkg returned false for /progfs/
ipkg_install_file:ERROR unpacking control.tar.gz ...

I've read that there is something related to where the .ipk will install
the soft and where it tooks the lib in Qtopia...

maybe some of you had experiences the same, if you got an idea on to
resolve that & install PDA, it could be useful!!!

thanks a lot

cheers

julien