R: [PD] Arduino

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sat Sep 9 18:46:47 CEST 2006

Ugg,

I've CCed David Cuartielles here so that he can see we need an arduino
mailinglist! I guess types like us don't enjoy the "forums" much. not
very good for discussion, better for question->answer.

A whole GPL IDE for Arduino would be be great, but probably a lot of
effort, unless someone is highly inclined to put in the work it'll
probably not happen.

I suggest a few simple scripts on linux as a starting point. Something
like:

arduino_upload firmware.hex
arduino_compile firmware.c

Maybe these two could be combined into a "compile and upload" thing.

The arduino IDE is working very poorly on my etch machine, but
processing seems to work ok.. no graphics freezes (yet) anyhow.

The IDE is big enough that I could not exactly figure out what commands
for uisp (for uploading) and for avr-g++ compiling/linking are used.

A quick script would be easy as cake once we get that info, maybe David
can lay it out on us... I will not have a chance to read through the IDE
code anytime soon, but for anyone who wants looking for uisp and avr-g++
should find the appropriate sections.

Please let us have an Arduino mailing list, the PD list is "cloudy" enough.

.b.