[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.40 test 03 released

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 02:31:59 CEST 2006

On 9/8/06, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> >
> > Where it says "reblocking only works between powers of two", does that
> > mean that a subpatch inside a subpatch blocked at 100 could only be
> > blocked at 25, 50, 100, 200, etc?
> >

> i guess this is true if you manage to run your main patch at a blocksize
>  of "100" (or another "power-of-2" multiple of 100);
> since the main block is fixed to power-of-2 values itself, it turns out
> that your subpatches must have sizes of "64", "128", ...
> (at least i haven't yet found a way to run pd-0.40 with blocksizes != 2^n)

I see, that does seem to be the case.  So maybe the wording in the
release notes means that blocks will still operate if told !=2^n block
sizes, but only at ==2^n block sizes.  I note that sending "set 17"
sets block size to 32, whereas v. 0.39-2 prints an error and leaves
block size at 64.

I also just noticed that a 64-element array showing elements 0 to 63
shows the last one outside the graph, but it does so in 0.39-2 as
well.  Strange I never noticed.