[PD] OT: Computer music grad school

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Sep 11 07:32:25 CEST 2006

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> I'm making my way through this list.  I see some schools that seem to be
> geared more towards engineering and programming than music, to the point
> of requiring experience or degrees in them.

Oh my. I would be ruled out of those, as my only degree is in neither
programming nor engineering.

What kind of experience do they want? Are there special rules for
excluding certain types of experience at the benefit of academic and/or
corporate experience? Is experience anything I could lie about, if I
happen to know what I'm talking about? Those would be my concerns...
(well, that, and money, of course...)

> Ironically, I'm disappointed with how the music education system works
> (like how it teaches without an understanding of its own subject),

Can't this be also said of most Humanities? (ducking and running...)