[PD] OT: Computer music grad school

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Sep 11 07:49:06 CEST 2006

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Georg Holzmann wrote:

>> I was going to save up for a strictly nonacademic traveling
>> experience, but if a university in one of these countries
>> (_especially_ IEM) would be at a lower cost than NYU or CM, I would
>> definitely consider it.
> hm - I don't know if I understand you correctly, but you mean the costs
> for the study? They are in austria ca. 370? for one semester !

Did you take into account that foreigners may have to pay more than
citizens?

e.g., for a semester in any Montréal university (UdeM/polytech/HEC,
UQÀM/ETS/ESG, Concordia, McGill, etc.) it costs:

1200 CAD ( 840 EUR) if you're from anywhere in Québec
2400 CAD (1680 EUR) if you're from anywhere else in Canada
7200 CAD (5040 EUR) if you're from anywhere else in the world.

those prices may be wrong, e.g. it could very well be other values, but I
think that the rule of thumb is that in general the government pays 2/3 of
the price if you're Canadian and 5/6 if you're Québécois, and that's how I
computed those example prices. Last time I checked the prices, it seemed
to fit.