[PD] pd externals load/unload

alberto.zin at poste.it alberto.zin at poste.it
Mon Sep 11 09:44:30 CEST 2006

Hi all,

two small questions:
Q1: suppose I'm working on an external:
start pd, load it, control its behaviour, destroy it,
change the code, recompile it, replace it
*in the same session of PD*: is this supposed
to crash pd?
This happens to me, and the external debugging process means
open/close pd million times (number varies according
to coding skills ;-) Are there shortcuts to this?

Q2: If I have two externals with the same name, one
in the same directory of the opened patch
(which contains an instantiation of it) and the
other in the pd search path, which one is loaded?

Thanks guys,

Alberto Zin

http://puredata.org/Members/AlbertoZ