[PD] creb compilation error woes

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 11 15:14:00 CEST 2006

Thomas Greg Corcoran wrote:
> okay it compiled like this
>
> ************************........................lots of
> stuff............then......
> lude/dspi -o filterortho.o -c filterortho.cc
> g++ -DPD -DCREB_VERSION=\"0.9.0\" -O2 -funroll-loops
> -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -W -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch
> -INONE/pd/src -I../include -I../include/dspi -o blosc.o -c blosc.cc
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/thomasgreg/creb-0.9.0/modules++'
> rm -f creb.pd_linux
> g++ -export_dynamic -shared -o creb.pd_linux system/*.o modules/*.o
> modules++/*.o -lm
>
> *************************
>
> I had changed that function play_voice_lint to accept the type int
> index (in the second variable, which originally was a type *int for my
> version,
> and I changed all the occurences of *index to index within that function.
Wouldn't it have been easier to just get the latest version from cvs and
use that? It sounds like what you did could break the object. Did you
actually try the blosc object?

> I had also removed -Wstrictprototypes flag thing from the Makefile
> (which may also have something to do with stuff)
Most of the functions in blosc.cc are indeed missing protoypes. It's
easier just to add them. Personally I feel dirty when the prototypes
aren't there :)

> I say:    $~/pd -lib creb.... then I get pd with creb...
>
> so it worked; but maybe that object blosc is all screwed up for me
Why not try it and see?

> I hope that explains how it happened
> i'm new to programming so idunno
>
> anyway i reckon i'lll just redo all with the newer-and-nicer stuff..
Good idea.
> make some music.. and we can get back to living life free from my
> confused newbie problem.
>
> thanks.a.million,
Yes, if I had more time I'd try it myself ;)
Martin