[Pd] Pd to CV for a Moog (OT)

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 01:59:22 CEST 2006

On 9/11/06, chris clepper <cgclepper at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pitch to CV, Envelope Followers and Gates might be of use.

I saw something about envelope followers online.  It seems like that
ought to do it, with some manual adjustments as always.  Pitch to CV I
would love to do, I have no idea how.
Also, a friend suggested generating PWM from my serial port and
filtering it.  I don't know exactly how a Moog's PWM works, but from
his description I thought I might just as well generate sine, ramp,
square, triangle and pulse waves in Pd and run them through the
filters and envelopes on the synth.  And where's the fun in that?  But
if no other possibilities work out, I can use that.

> That is one classic Moog there - the guy who did the refurb makes some great
> synth gear himself.  Make good use of it.

You mean
http://www.discretesynthesizers.com/arptronics/satis.htm
?
That's my freshman theory and current acoustics teacher standing
between Bob Moog and Tom Porett.  He says he was friends with Dr. Moog
way back.  He's never said, but I take it that's how my school ended
up with the thing.  I got lucky; freshman year it was not possible to
even be in the same room with it, now I've been explicitly offered the
chance to learn on it.

-Chuckk