[Pd] Pd to CV for a Moog (OT)

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 06:15:16 CEST 2006

Instead of adding more portamento for finer pitch resolution, would it
be possible to do different registers separately?  Since I intend to
compose the entire piece before passing it through the Moog, and my
patch handles all the tempos, it would not be a problem to record the
audio in segments and line them up in Pro Tools.  I suppose the
wandering tuning of the synth itself will be an issue.

I like your very last suggestion.  I realized through some preliminary
investigations with a multimeter that my soundcard removes DC pretty
quickly.  I guess your point about the 22kHz constant frequency is
that this would not happen.
For the op-amp idea, would a signal not be sufficient?  I thought
[sig~ .4], for instance, would output a constant value of .4?

Another thing I didn't mention is that the only computer in the same
room as the Moog is a university Mac, which I won't be able to tear
open.  I don't yet own a working laptop, so if anything like that
needs to be done, it will be me bringing my PC to school.  I think
this will still be easier for me than the PWM squarewave, which I
still don't understand.

Thanks for your help.

-Chuckk