[PD] stable streaming

Marius Schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Tue Sep 12 12:10:25 CEST 2006

Hello everybody,
I am trying to setup a longtime (that is several days, later maybe
permanent) streaming application and have problems with oggcast~ and
also mp3cast~, which both crash after some time. of course this could
also be a traffic connection problem, but it ends with pd hanging up or
exiting after some time.
I use pd-extended 39.2 from hans-christoph's website, on linux.
I guess, both objects should run stable, right?
Could long periods of silence cause the connection to break? could a
hardware-network problem (e.g. pulling the netcable out of the
computers, or just losing the local internet connection) cause pd to crash?
Sorry, I did not find the exact problem yet, still trying around, but
maybe someone has an idea already.
marius.