[PD] note data record / playback

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:21:22 CEST 2006

I'm sure that's true, but I'm I had problems understanding the
existing data structure tutorials. Just the definition of the term
"scalar" confused me, for starters. It's not even entirely clear, from
the tutorials, that structures might be useful, if you don't care
about the graphic part. For some reason, the struct in C makes much
more sense. Probably it's just some new terminology that I don't
recognize.

Perhaps I need a different tutorial approach, such as beginning with
the problem of the sequencer, and then showing how a data structure
can solve that problem. Maybe looking at your examples below will
allow me to finally make sense of it. If I figure it out, I could
consider writing such a "top down" tutorial.

~David