[PD] note data record / playback

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Sep 12 18:48:24 CEST 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 11:26:25AM -0500, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:
> And also, can an array be a valid ds entry (i.e. [struct ds array fft
> aray sigblock])?  That would be awesome, if it was efficient and
> quick!

Yep, you can make an array be part of a datastructure (check pd's help
files for [struct] and friends) but it's not that efficient and quick,
and you can't use it like a regular array (e.g. you can't use [tabread~]
and friends).

One abstraction that I made which tried to read an array and interpolated
between values very quickly slowed down my patches intensely when I had
a couple of them instantiated. This could be my own patching ineptitude
though.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx