[Pd] Pd to CV for a Moog (OT)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 12 19:34:23 CEST 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Christian Klippel wrote:

> hi steffen, i'd like to refer you to the right keywords:
> covox speech thing & disney sound source
> in wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covox_Speech_Thing

Btw, the first MOD player I've ever used, had plans for a Covox straight
in its manual. I didn't build one, though I really SHOULD have. It would
have bridged the gap between 1-bit PC Speakers and the 320$ 8-bit
SoundBlaster that my parents had.

Note that the 1-bit PC Speaker didn't really sound like 1-bit in that
program, due to some serious oversampling: The program introduced
ultrasounds which were then hardware-lowpassed into intermediate speaker
positions. Still, a covox would have sounded much better... or at least, a
cable going out to a real speaker...