[PD] VST~

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Tue Sep 12 20:03:12 CEST 2006

On Tue Sep 12, 2006 at 12:15:26PM +0200, bbarros wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry for the naiv question, but I'm not really a user of PD.
> I'm using more supercollider, and before that I used max.
> I have a g4 with the Pd version 0.38.4-extended-RC8.
> What do I have to do exactly to use
> the vst~ object? Do I have to load some library or something like that?

it should just find it, so long as vst~.dll is in your externals search path..

> And what plug ins will work then?

most any. before i left windows, i was up to about 550-600 VST plugins, and the vast majority of them instantiated with vst~ except about 2 or 3...

they all have to be instantiated to grab the metadata to build up a tree list of plugins / params... patches to do this are at git clone git://m.whats-your.name/samples/_p/pd (pass: git)