[PD] MOD Trackers (was Pd to CV for a Moog) (OT)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 12 22:24:14 CEST 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> Just curious, how many of you started computer music due to mod
> trackers, and which ones were your favorites?
> I started with ScreamTracker, but finished out using Impulse Tracker
> (I was a newbie).

I started with MODedit, then switched to ScreamTrackerIII when it finally
came out, then later to ImpulseTracker. I didn't do any of this beyond DOS
(I've had DRDOS installed on my computer for twelve years, but never any
Windows).

If I start again, I might switch to Trakka, or anything else Pd-based; but
I'd want something fairly compatible with .MOD, .S3M and .IT formats.