[PD] note data record / playback

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 17:04:17 CEST 2006

That's the answer I was hoping for! Unfortunately, I probably can't
play with this in the immediate future, but hopefully I will have time
soon.

One extra advantage of this: I write some Python scripts to create
arbitrary Midi files using PyMIDI. With pyext, the data that is used
to create the Midi file could come from Pure Data, letting me create a
very useful type of sequencer.

Midi files may not seem like a very exciting format, but it's a format
that I can import into Finale to create notation for traditional
instruments. Not to mention, data-bending or arbitrarily manipulating
a Midi piece could yield interesting results.

~David