[PD] MOD Trackers (was Pd to CV for a Moog) (OT)

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Sep 14 11:18:26 CEST 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 08:29:37PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> I once did stuff like that using a midi tracker. Pd was used as sound
> engine, and the midi tracker for sequencing. There are several midi
> trackers around: I have used ttrk and Shaketracker on Linux.

I tried this too, but I found the timing to be a bit too loose
(shaketracker). Seq24 is a great app for this kind of thing, but uses
up a lot of CPU when running in conjunction with Pd.

> BTW: Yesterday I was using Nitrotracker on Nintendo DS with my shiny
> new SC Lite, but file access so far is too slow. I want PDa for NDS,
> puleeeze!

Your wish is almost granted. I've ported PDa to the GP2X (and sent the
patch to GÜnter) so a DSLinux port could happen quite soon - i.e. They
both have the same CPU and I am working on it. It will be soooo cool to
have all yr Pd patches in your pocket to whip out at parties for a bit
of real-time joystick-controlled generative dance music. ;)

Nitrotracker is pretty cool but it sucks that all the notes have to be
at the same volume.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx