[Pd] active and tot not right in pd-extended

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 14 12:01:57 CEST 2006

martin.peach at sympatico.ca a écrit :
> Surely a text (or better: XML) file would be a platform-independent way >of saving settings that  doesn't require calling a "sysadmin" for help.
Interesting perspective, could you elaborate this point of view?

> The registry tends to fill up with irrelevant obsolete keys that end up >mysteriously interfering with the proper operation of the software. How >many users know where to find the pd settings in the registry? What >happens if you have more than one pd on the system?

the external won't work if several pd (extended, and vanilla, and self compiled for example) are installed because, pd look in it's own extra folder, I've personaly fixed this with writing the path of the external in each registry entry,
Also, only ten entries are considered at pd startup, I consider it's a bug because in pd-extended reg file there are a lot more than  ten entries.

> Or  what >happens if you delete one pd and then install an older >version?

Nothing particular AFAIK.

Patco