[Pd] active and tot not right in pd-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Sep 14 16:31:43 CEST 2006

On Sep 13, 2006, at 5:00 PM, David Powers wrote:

> Is there documentation, of how to manually change the registry, and
> what the settings do?

All of the config settings are the same as the other platforms, they
are just stored in the registry instead of a file.

> Those of us who are attempting to use both Miller's PD, and extended,
> have found we must manually edit the registry. It's a little bit of a
> problem, since I'm not 100% sure what I should change...
>
> I am a little bit against using the registry, for the above reason:
> Those of us who are running more than one install of PD, are ending up
> with registry entries that apply either to one, or the other.
>
> Some kind of "config" or ".ini" or whatever file, would make it far
> easier to change options for one install, without messing up the
> other.

Even better would be to ignore how the data is stored, since that
works fine regardless of anyone's feelings for the registry.
Instead, improve the Preference Panes so that you don't have to
manually edit the configs.  Then everyone on all platforms will benefit.

.hc