[Pd] active and tot not right in pd-extended

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 17:43:55 CEST 2006

You have a point there. The Preferences panes often don't work at all
correctly, I'm not really sure why. For example, I added a flag in
startups, but then the flag stayed on afterwards, until I edited the
registry.

There's also a limit in the amount of libraries and directories you
can add, which is a SERIOUS shortcoming.

However, this still leaves the problem of having two PD's installed at
once. Any suggestions on how that should be done? The reason I had to
install two PD's, is I'm using a brand new experimental version of
Gem, that crashes PD-extended. But help fiiles don't work for me in
Miller's PD, so every time I want to check a help file, I open
PD-extended and use that browser. I am essentially using Miller's PD,
with all the extended stuff dumped into the extra section of it, as
Patco suggested.

Anyway, finally, even though I edited the registry by guessing, I'm
still mostly clueless what the entries do. Any chance of getting it
documented? Is it documented in some other form I just don't realize?

~David