[PD] MOD Trackers (was Pd to CV for a Moog) (OT)

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Sep 15 05:54:34 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 07:07:44AM +0100, padawan12 wrote:

> I tried it Chris, wicked stuff. Oddly I've been talking about old
> sound chips quite a bit recently, there seems to be a revival of
> interest. Noah Vawter from MIT gave me an explanatin of why the
> Sid was such a superior beast to the AY38610. Were there any other
> notable "synthesiser on a chip" attempts?

I am a big fan of the gameboy based chip tune scene and there have been
some truly amazing pieces of music made from a couple of gated
square/noise waves and a 32 byte wide 4-bit wavetable. Nanoloop and LSDJ
are both excellent composition programs for the GB:

http://www.nanoloop.de/
http://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/

I recommend listening to the demo tunes on the LSDJ page - some of them
are phenomenal. There's also my own program for the gameboy advance
which I have mentioned on this list too many times already so I'm not
going to plug it again. :)

Also, htp://www.micromusic.net/

Best,

Chris.