[PD] dealing with large sound files

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 15 15:40:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

[readanysf~] reports time in seconds (with -/+ .5sec accuracy) so it
may be not accurate enough.

You didn't say what platform you are on but if you're on linux and you
are familiar with SND you could probably be able to swing it with
[snd] extern.

In both cases you'd be reading the soundfiles off the HD so their size
vs. RAM size are irrelevant.

./MiS