[PD] FFT + dac~ delay issue

mami music mami.music at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 17:03:34 CEST 2006

Hi all i made a vocoder which spectrum is borrowed from an FM synth and the
amplitude is from the line lin through an adc~.
I have not been able to make it work completely in realtime. I´ve tried some
stuff and it´s still with latency. How can i make it work real time? (my
soundcard is an m-audio firewire 4-10)

what ive tried:
Basicly i have used the audio configuration and placed the latency value to
0:seems to mess up the dsp and work bad. The lowest latency i´ve got to
achiev without damaging the audio is 50 ms.
The vocoder process i borrowed from one of the FFT examples included in PD
extended. I have tried to change the settings of the block~ object in the
subpatch that does all the vocoder+fft processing, but still nothing.

can anybody give me a hint and also refresh the relationshib between block~
and all the fft process being made there?

thankz!

daniel