[PD] Computer Music feature reconsidered

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Sep 15 19:30:48 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Ollie Glass hat gesagt: // Ollie Glass wrote:

> 1 A markov chain reading controller values from an midi file and
> outputting a control change every time a note is received.

You could modify the markov-example from the Pd-docs for this. Readign
values from a midi file will not work without externals though. You
should better use realtime midi input for this.

> 2 Averaging the last 10 values received from a midi controller and
> outputting that average every time a control message is received.

Maybe check out list-lastx.pd and list-accum.pd from the [list]-abs
collection: http://footils.org/cms/show/46

> 3 Outputting random midi control changes within a range, the upper
> and lower bounds learned from received midi control changes.

I like that example the most, I think. It's quite easy to do by just a
little scaling of a random variable.

For more advanced random variations you may find some interesting
stuff in the recently released Pd port of the RTC-library:
http://footils.org/cms/show/56

Ciao