[PD] FFT + dac~ delay issue

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 15 21:31:05 CEST 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> I know, it really demystifies the whole Uncertainty Principle haze of
> confusion.  After learning that it's just a result of tradeoffs with
> mathematical measurements, it doesn't seem like such a deep and powerful
> revelation of the universe.

It should instead appear as a deeper and more powerful revelation of the
universe. Just because now you understand it doesn't mean it's not deep,
it just means that you are deeper :)

>  Good thing we can still be baffled by String Theory.

AFAIK, String Theory is still baffling itself; it's more of a mathematical
refactoring of previous theories, than a scientific theory, due to the
lack of experiments to test the theory.

Why is it a good thing that we're still baffled by String Theory? Suppose
we nuke String Theory. There are still a lot of things to be baffled
about. Which of those things should get the most attention?