[PD] Computer Music feature reconsidered

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 21:51:20 CEST 2006

On 9/15/06, Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/15/06, Ollie Glass <ollieglaskovik at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2 Averaging the last 10 values received from a midi controller and
> > outputting that average every time a control message is received.

> Here's one way to do that.

Here's another way.  I don't know if this actually saves any computing
time, but you can see how a patch can be altered.
The first bang from the trigger object hits the 9, which reads the 9
stored values and leaves the sum in the lower "+"; at the same time,
the trigger hits the counter over the "tabwrite" object to advance by
1.  If the counter puts out a 9 or higher, the "moses" object sends a
0 back into the counter, which then comes out the left side of the
"moses".  This way the "tabwrite" object will write each new number
into a different location in the "midi2" table.
That all happens from the rightmost outlet of the "trigger".  Next,
whatever number was input into the trigger gets sent out the left
outlet.  This simultaneously resets to zero the function that summed
the table, adds the new value to the sum and divides by 10, and writes
the new value into the table.
I changed the names of the table and the print object so this patch
and the first one can be open at the same time and not interfere.

I don't know if this is useful for your purposes or not.
-Chuckk