[PD] pix_freeframe error message

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sat Sep 16 01:46:04 CEST 2006

Hello,

 In my VJ patches with GEM I use internal messages for building freeframe's necessary objects
 (pix_freeframe and some OSC routing),
 in one array where the GEM streaming run through send/receive objects.

David Powers <cyborgk at gmail.com> a écrit : Okay that could be. I redid my entire VJ interface, so there are some
loose ends, and these plugins aren't even currently doing anything
anyway, just sitting in a subpatch in reserve, as I debug and try to
decide which effects I actually will use.

On the minus side, PD+Gem runs at 80 - 100% CPU. This might be worse,
because in debugging there are some unnecessary GUI objects open while
running.

On the plus side, I was able to leave PD & Gem playing all night and
it was still running just fine when I woke up this morning, on WinXP.
So far everything seems reliable, so I just worry that the freeframe
plugins could be a weak link that sends everything crashing.

I'll be running visuals for 4-6 hours Saturday night for my first big
show (the UR one), so it's pretty important to me that things be
stable.

~David