[PD] buffer overflow with pix_image

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 18:03:10 CEST 2006

On 9/16/06, user @ earweego <pd at earweego.net> wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2006, at 9:00 PM, chris clepper wrote:
>
> > Is there a system log item about killing the loginwindow process or
> anything related abnormally?
> not that im aware of.

Post everything in the system and console logs.  If there is no crash log
then something outside of Pd/GEM is happening.

I left the place after one night that it run for 14hours - i had just
> drastically reduced the rate of image changes..
> a short test with pix_film yielded some green borders at the edges of the
> cubes and loading was not always correct.

pix_film and pix_image both use Quicktime to load files.  I know what would
cause the green edges but I don't think any released build of GEM has that
problem.  What is the date of the GEM build?

I just wonder: arent there people who could just _fix_ this bug in an
> instant instead of us trying all sorts of dirty workarounds?

You are talking to the people who fix the bugs.  We need more specific
information to fix it though.  A crash log and a patch would help quite a
bit.