[PD] pix_freeframe error message

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 18 11:11:20 CEST 2006

hi

patco wrote:
> Hello, I've found out that this message is also appearing when the gem stream with a texture doesn't come to pix_freeframe
>

> David Powers <cyborgk at gmail.com> a écrit : Can anyone tell me why I get the following message in Gem (new
> version, winXP, miller's 0.39.2)? How many instances can I have? What
> does this mean exactly?
>
> error: pix_freeframe: no instance of plugin available

a plugin-instance is bound to a specific image-size/format.
since [pix_freeframe] does not know which image-size you are going to
process before you haven't send at least one image to the object, an
instance of the plugin is only created after the first image appears.

parameter-changes are local to the plugin-instance, so you can only
change the parameters, once you have an instance of the plugin which you
don't have before the first image.
when you change the image-size during processing, a new instance of the
plugin will be created (the old one is destroyed); this means, that you
have to reset any parameters you have set before.

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes